Friday, July 23, 2010

Cheeburger Cheeburger: Not what I thought!



Yesterday, Terrieha and I had a little free time so I decided to work on my honey-do list. In the midst of a painting project, I realized I needed to make a run up to the hardware store as I was quickly running out of caulking and primer. We had eaten a late breakfast since I had dragged my love out for a little cycling workout in the morning. I grew up a cyclist, so this is probably my number one passion; unfortunately for my wife her runner legs still haven't quite adapted to the idea of high cadence RPM's. Anyhow, it was now about 1:30pm and I thought it would be a good opportunity to try a new restaurant in downtown Auburn: Cheeburger Cheeburger. Admittedly, I knew nothing at all about this restaurant, but based on it's name and location (between a Greek Restaurant and Pita-Pit AND plus being in a college town), we thought it might be some type of healthy/ vegetarianish type of "burger" restaurant. As soon as we walked in, I knew we were wrong (MAJORLY)! Basically, Cheeburger is a replication of an old-fashioned diner that serves HUGE Angus burgers, milkshakes (over 300 different kinds), and other similar diner food. Though I knew it would without a doubt upset a former professor of mine, Bob Seebohar, who constantly preached about the need for athletes "to eat so you can workout rather than workout so you can eat," I knew I had another grueling working coming later in the day...so what the hell!

In order to ease some of the guilt, Terrieha and I decided to share a 10 oz burger and a medium order of onion rings. I must say the food was great, though my stomach did get a little upset from the grease (which is why I don't like to eat out much). BUT if you're up for something new, I would highly recommend it. Just an FYI: they're not just limited to the Auburn area (much like I thought) as they have locations all over the country (total news to me!).

In case you're wondering, we did actually go out for a second workout of the day, though we had to change plans a little bit. We were originally planning on running stadiums at Jordan-Hare Stadium on AU's campus (with Gator of course), but after getting in a couple warm-up laps around the walkways, we were promptly kicked out by some construction staff. Apparently, they don't like to keep the stadium open for people. This is much different then our time at UF, and very sad to see, which left Ben Hill Griffin Stadium open almost all of the time for people to look at, work out in, or relax in. As great as Auburn has been so far, this is just another reason why UF will always be number one in my heart! Sooooo, after getting kicked out we decided to go play tennis for a little while (we brought the rackets just in case this happened). We had a great, very intense game for about 45 minutes. Wonderful time! In fact, this morning my legs were still a little tight when I went to go warm-up for my sprint workout on the track.

No comments:

Post a Comment