Thursday, July 22, 2010

Homemade White Pizza...and the Best Fails of 2009!

Yesterday was pizza night for us, but instead of going out or ordering delivery Terrieha made a white pizza. While I won't post the recipe that she utilized, you can find it on her blog by clicking here. Personally, I find the pizza's that she makes to be far superior to any store bought ones, but I could be slightly biased. We first started experimenting with our homemade pizza's while living in Colorado. The Whole Foods near our townhouse sold whole wheat dough (with true whole grain!) and it was just too good to pass up. However, while living in Natchitoches, LA we were lucky enough to find any fat-free items, much less true healthy food options! Alas, Auburn rescued us by reuniting us with Publix, a divine grocery store from our Florida days, and Earth Fare, an organic market similar to Whole Foods. This made getting the items for our homemade pizza far easier, so earlier this week, Terrieha bought some for us. As I said earlier, be sure to check out her blog for the recipe...it's divine!


On an even lighter note, yesterday I sat in on a Biomechanics of Sport Injury class that my advisor at AU is teaching. Before you ask, I'm not taking it, I'm just that big of a nerd! Well sometimes we have a tendency to get side-tracked when discussing or viewing videos of injuries. Anyhow, the class started off yesterday with the video below, entitled the Best Fails of 2009, and I found it far too funny not to share. Originally, I thought it was a compilation of the Huffington Post, an internet based newspaper, but then realized it was actually created by College Humor. Either way, I hope you enjoy it. It should provide you with at least a few minutes of good laughs!

2 comments: